Saturday, October 12, 2013

7th Class

10/12

Felt like utter garbage this morning and wasn't quite with it at the beginning of class. Seemed to get better as time went on. Jenny was there, along with Cody and Dyton. Big class, around 15 people. The theme was back takes, but we ended up doing mostly smash passing with double under control.

Rolled with Sol, Ian, and Savannah (twice). During my rolls I kept trying to use the defense that James showed me the other day on the knee slice pass but forgot an important detail and couldn't get it. I did get a shoulder lock on Sol from bottom side control. I've been fussing with that technique for most of the week and it was gratifying to get it to work. I noticed that I've been trying to do the flower sweep when my opponent has a knee up and it wasn't working b/c I was trying to move them laterally instead of loading their weight onto me and then taking them over.

After class rolled with Jenny, though I was super tired by this point. We went without a clock, and we went for at least five minutes. Wish I could have kept going, but I was drained.

No comments: