Thursday, October 17, 2013

Competitive Fitness

So I decided on a whim to enter a CrossFit competition, the proceeds of which are going to charity. I figured I could make an ass of myself for a good cause. I haven't lifted in a month, so am not expecting to do much more than finish the workouts under the time cap. The comp is next Friday, so I have a week to prepare my body so that I don't completely wet the bed. That's left me with a dilemma of whether I should go to class or stay home and do a bunch of squats, thrusters and burpees. Trying to do it all in one day just isn't feasible.

10/16
Went to the morning class, but I was the only one there. James was sick, so I took pity on him and came back for the night class so that he could go home and get some sleep. I was hoping I could do the same, b/c I was completely wiped out (see above). I was utterly useless for class. We did KOB attacks, and luckily they were techniques that I've done before so I could still participate in my not fully alert state.

Rolled with Ian, Hustle, Christine and Oscar. Felt pretty useless during the rolls too. This is one of the few times when not going to class probably would have been the better option. I did ok, but stalled a fair amount and was not especially active.
 

No comments: