Friday, October 11, 2013

6th Class This Week

10/11

I wasn't tired exactly, but I was more than happy to warm-up by flow-rolling instead of running around. This is the first time all week that I saw Antone, and he decided to make up for lost time by using me as a highlight reel instead of, you know, flow rolling. I didn't mind too much though. It was chilly when we started, but after three rounds of "flow" rolling I was about as hot as I was last night.

We did a couple of techniques on what to do if going to X Guard failed. One was moving their leg across your body and sweeping them to the side and the other was going right into deep half. We also did a DLR to waiter sweep that I really struggled with. My mind and body were hating me a bit today, so I wasn't concentrating too well.

Rolled with Antone, Dennis, James and Jason (b). Antone pretty much decimated me, although I think I successfully staved off all of the berimbolo-to-back attempts. He got a couple of subs on me and just had his way.

I got Dennis in a sub I think for the first time ever. Not sure on the sequence of events, but I think I was trying to regain guard and was able to catch him in a triangle. I was able to maintain my guard pretty well against him today.

Don't remember much of my roll with Jason except that I fared a little bit better in guard passing and had a triangle almost locked up when the timer went off.

I figured I was going to do crappy in my roll with James, but I was happy with my effort. At one point though, he had my back with no underhooks and I scooted down to work an escape. I completely forgot about protecting my neck and he got a bow and arrow. I wasn't too happy about that lapse. Other than that though, I liked how I reacted to movements and positioning.

Epsom salt bath tonight.

No comments: