Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wed Night

AIR CONDITIONING.

'nuff said.

James did something a little different tonight and instead of doing technique + rolling, he split everyone into two teams, with him as one captain and.... me as the other. Apparently he does this with the kids frequently, but I hadn't seen it before. Captains pick teams, then alternate sending 4 people into different sections of the mat. He'd send four people, then I'd send four people picking the match-ups. Then I'd send four and he'd send his four and picking the match-ups. If someone lost by submission they'd go to the other team.

I'll summarize the evening by saying that my team got pretty whupped. I was down to two people, so I hopped in for my first match and was pitted against Rachael. I pulled guard, got a sweep and pass. Tried like hell to get a head and arm but whiffed on it somehow.

After over an hour of that game it was regular rolling via KOTH. I started off down, since I was relatively fresh (having only had one match in the past hour while most everyone else had... alot). First was with Jenny, who I eventually got to mount. Then Rachael. We had a spirited back and forth match, but I gave up side control then gave up some choke and that was that. Back to the wall, then had Chaz who said he was tired but still managed to quickly kick my ass.

There are days when I don't understand why I was promoted to purple.

No comments: