Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday

Huge class this morning. School is definitely out.

Leg drag from DLR, either the straightforward way or ducking under and doing it the more complex way. After that, finishing the leg drag by taking the back. 

KOTH since it was a big class. Booo.... Win by submission, back or mount. I lost every match up. The first one I was a spirited match up against Kelly. I was able to thwart his bolo and damn near get his back in the process but couldn't quite get there. Staved off the really bad positions and submissions for awhile but eventually succumbed to a belly-down arm-bar. 

After that it was Nate, who got to mount way too easy. Swept, passed guard, mount. Ugh.

Vaughn was another spirited match up. He started almost on all fours, so of course I had to take an arm-drag opportunity since he's a 200+lb brown belt. Got a hook in, eventually lost it, ended up in a bad position. Was able to get a beautiful sweep and another attempt at the back but couldn't finish it. Eventually got submitted with I'm not sure what.

Final match up against Jason S., who positionally dominated the entire time until James called it a day.

Overall got my ass kicked pretty good, but I'm happy about my rolls with Kelly and Vaughn. Not so much my roll with Nate. Jason so-so.

No comments: