Monday, September 2, 2013

Open Mat

9/2 - Downtown

Open mat for 2hrs. Awesome. I was being careful as hell with Julio b/c he likes to go full speed, especially when I have a tournament coming up. I was terrified that my knee was going to get ripped into four or five different pieces. Rolls with everyone else went really well. Dominated Zack, which is unusual. Surprised that he was conceding guard. Competitive with Manny. He got an arm-bar or two, but we had some excellent scrambles. Also did very well with Keith, and had back control on him multiple times. Tried but could not finish bow and arrow. One roll with Dennis and he crushed and passed my guard easily. A roll with Kyle, who haven't seen in awhile. He would go for kimuras or arm-bars fast, but I was able to counter successfully. I can tell he's been out for awhile.

Overall, a great start to the week. Very happy to get this much rolling at the beginning of the week.

No comments: