Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tournament Vids

Watching my own matches is not a lot of fun, regardless of the outcome. Ugh. Two of the matches weren't captured on video, but they went very similar to Match Two and the beginning of Match Four.

A couple of things off the top. My posture during the stand-up is poor. I should be keeping a neutral spine and bending my knees instead of rounding my back. My guard pull is atrocious.

I should concede bad positions, but I give these women credit. They had excellent top pressure and hip control. I gave up side-control, KOB and mount way too readily though.

It's funny...in the first match, my coach was yelling for a kimura/sit-up sweep. I know exactly what that is and have used it often. However, I had NO IDEA what he was talking about when he told me to do it. After the match he was trying to explain it and it was not computing. The brain does funny things during competitions.

Any comments, advice, criticism etc is most welcome.


First Match (Win via Bow and Arrow): 

I probably shouldn't be looking at my coach so much, but I was having trouble understanding him. I feel fairly confident when someone is kneeling in my closed guard that they aren't going to go anywhere.


Second Match (Loss via Points):



Third Match (Win via Points):

I'm not gonna lie...I stalled in the latter half when I was up on points. Not proud of it, but my coach told me to do it and there was no way I was going to open my guard up for a pass.



Fourth Match (Win via Arm-bar):

At one point, the camera goes to a teammate who was competing next to me, and then goes back to my match around 3:30 or so.


No comments: