Monday, September 23, 2013

KOB

9/21 - Downtown

Felt a resurgence of mono this past week. Feeling lethargic and normal tasks took an extraordinary effort to initiate. Utter meh. Hoping it passes soon.

Big class on Saturday, relatively speaking. About 12 people or so. Subs and transitions from KOB. Near side arm-bar, far side arm-bar, baseball bat choke, and transition to back-mount. Felt pretty good with most of them, although I was struggling a bit with getting my grips for choke. I think it's b/c I'm impatient and don't make an effort to loosen the jacket and/or I get a death grip with the first hand before the second hand is secured.

Rolls with Nathan, Antone, Savannah, Manny and Sol. Nathan is growing a monster beard, which looks interesting on his lean frame. The highlight was a escape or sweep on Manny. I don't remember the exact position we were in, but in the midst of a scramble I was able to get to top-side control. It's a good day when I can get to top position on one of the higher blues. Or any blue belt for that matter.


No comments: