Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back in the Valley

9/26 - Valley

Today was a run through a variety of techniques that Damon is working on for his purple belt test. I would have thought that I've seen everything on the test, but there were a couple of new wrinkles today. One involved chucking your opponent over your head from butterfly guard and wrapping yourself around their legs to eventually get mount. Felt good about all of the techniques.

More importantly, energy level felt ok until the first roll. I thought I might have been overdoing it, but felt fine after a couple of rolls. Had a challenging roll with Damon in which he tapped me several times, twice with footlocks when I tried to play open guard. Dang it. I was able to fend off an arm-bar for a small piece of time, but eventually tapped. Another arm-bar I successfully defended and came up into his guard, so that was a small bit of progress.

I would probably be better served by taking the entire week off from BJJ, but at this particular point in time I need it for my emotional well-being. If I'm dragging ass tomorrow morning I'll skip it, otherwise I'm hoping that the two days of complete rest earlier in the week is enough.

No comments: