Monday, September 23, 2013

More KOB

9/23 - Downtown

Mood was a bit sour and I wasn't sure that going to class was a good idea, but I kept my head down and didn't have high expectations. Ended up doing well in the rolls, so it was a good choice.

More KOB, specifically KOB to mounted triangle, KOB to gi choke, KOB to d'arce and then the gi choke and d'arce from guard just for fun.

Rolled with Jimmy and had the upper hand for part of the roll. Had another fun roll with James, although he got me with a wristlock b/c I gripped the lower part of his lapel like an idiot. That's twice in two days that I've left my wrist out for easy locks. I kept trying to sweep when he was in a sort of top half guard reverse kesa gatame and either I finally got it or he gave it to me. Rolled with Julio and desperately hoped that he wouldn't crush the life out of me. The roll started with crushing, but at one point while I was regaining guard I went for a pretty decent arm-bar and then followed it up with a loop choke. Sol helped me with the loop choke on Saturday and apparently his advice was solid. Also rolled with Jason, who had a dominant position most of the time. He has an open guard that is difficult to deal with b/c he has long legs and does a great job of maintaining the push/pull with his feet and grips. 

No comments: