Monday, December 17, 2012

Week In Review

I don't remember anything especially significant or high level from last week. I feel like I keep making the same mistakes over and over with Antone when we roll. However, it also seems like I'm being submitted less, so there must be some progress made.

James gave me the school patch to put on my gi. I asked him at least twice if my gi would pass IBJJF muster. I feel good about the top, but the pants come a ways up on my ankles. The problem with longer pants is being able to keep them on my waist. I need A3 pants and an A2 (or even A1 waist). Terrible plight, being long and lean. 

I think I made it to side-control on non-fresh white belts twice last week. Modest progress. A couple of guys said that I had strong hooks in back-mount, which is great if I ever get there on someone. :)

Attended five classes, which is right where I wanted to be. Body feels pretty good. Hard to get in 4 lifting sessions a week with five BJJ classes. Hmpf.

2 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

Always take at least one extra gi to a comp, just in case they nitpick something.

Relax On The Mat said...

Great idea... I was hoping there would be vendors there so I can try on gis. Not smart to compete in a brand new gi, but I'm not totally opposed to it either. :)