Monday, December 10, 2012

Week In Review

I'm noticing (not surprisingly), that increased mat time is giving me more of a chance to attempt techniques learned in class, even if it was from a previous day or two. The possible drawback is that I'm getting twice as much information in the space of a week, which is scrambling my brain. I was definitely feeling that in Saturday's class. The movements weren't that complex, but my brain appeared to be full. Could have been external to BJJ too, but I went in feeling good so don't think that's it.

Last week I did 4 classes and 4 lifting sessions. I wish I had done the Friday class, and really regretted not going by Friday night. Not sure that I'd be able to pull of 5 classes and 4 lifting sessions on a regular basis, but would be great if I could.

I received some positive feedback in the form of a roll with Scott from the Valley. I often feel like I'm waaay over my head at the downtown school, but I could tell an improved difference in my rolling with an old partner. Benchmarks are good, methinks.

A common theme from last week is that I left my arms out all over the place. Granted, my opponents are skilled enough to make arms come free, but I'm going to try to focus this week on keeping them tight. Seems like bone-headed mistakes.

No comments: