Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Saturday Open Mat

Holiday weekend, so it was an open mat. My Fundamentals class, the Sunday advanced class and Monday classes were canceled. 

We started off with the five min rounds of drilling your choice. I decided to work on DLR to RDLR transitions, and threw kiss of the dragon in for good measure. James helped me with hand-placement, which was terrific b/c I was severely botching it until then. Tried to do a flow of DLR to sickle sweep to RDLR to kiss of the dragon. There were only a few occasions where I felt like I was getting far enough under on KOTD. It seemed like I was ending up too far in front of the person to take their back. Was fun to work though.

In hindsight, I should have worked material for next Saturday's Fundamentals class. Oops.

Can't remember who I rolled with, but I seem to remember that I felt fairly happy with my rolls. Seemed like I was getting to the back frequently. There was one moment with Keith where I very sneakily took his back. I was quite pleased with it. Never got an opportunity to work what I had been drilling as no one was attempting a standing guard pass.

I'm going to stream World's this weekend and invited people that I'm close with on the team to watch. It is honestly the first time in the six years that I've lived in that house that I've invited more than two people over at once (of my own volition). I've never hosted a group of people on my own before, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments: