Monday, May 12, 2014

Holding Down the Fort

Taught side-control escapes on Saturday morning. The first one went fairly well, but I think the second was probably too complex. And somehow I ended up with a lot of extra time at the end. Which means I may not have spent enough time in depth on each technique. There was plenty of time for drilling, so not sure how I ended up with so much extra time. 

Had 6 people for the Fundamentals class. Some of left before the noon and a few other folks showed up so we had the same both. I should be excited that there were that many since a big portion of the team was out of town for the Five tournament. Since I've been feeling down on my game, I really didn't want to teach during the noon class too. We did Drill Your Favorites instead after a flow roll warm-up. Then some rolls at the end. 

Nothing spectacular in the rolls. Had a very back-and-forth scrambly roll with Keith, which was fun.

I showed up for the Sunday class but I was the only one, so I went back home and did yard work instead. Weeds, weeds everywhere.

No comments: