Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday

Fundamentals class went pretty well, except that I'm not especially happy with how I did the arm-bar instruction. I started off with a collar choke from mount, then arm-bar, then finished with americana. People seem to be fairly happy with the class, so as long as they like it I'm thrilled to do it. I'm barely able to get through three techniques in the hour that we have. It's probably for the best though, b/c that's a lot for people to absorb with the regular Saturday class following this one.

Big Mike wanted to roll after class, and it was all I could do to keep him at bay. He had top side control for awhile which was just miserable for me. I was finally able to regain guard and do some good work from there. I was gassed after about a 10min roll. So of course James decides to have hardcore warm-ups for the next class. :(

Regular class was transitioning from top deep-half to an arm-bar and americanas. We went over a grip break for the arm-bar that I can never quite remember. 

Rolled with Ryan, Nando, Sarah and Nick. Ryan did well, and very deservedly got his second stripe on his white belt today. Nando wanted to flow roll b/c his neck hurt and then sortof forgot that we were flow rolling. Sarah and I had a fun roll and ended up in several stalemate positions. Nick is definitely getting better, but I swear he tried to berimbolo me today. He's got the jiu jitsu bug bad, but he seems to want to fast forward progress. He got the Jiu Jitsu University book, but didn't think the first section ("Survival") was that useful and went right to escapes. I mean, to each his own, but I don't think he's doing himself any favors. He comes to the Fundamentals class though, so I can't complain too much. 

No comments: