Friday, April 18, 2014

No Puffer

I went out on a limb this morning and decided not to use my inhaler for class. I had a hunch that it might have made things worse instead of better for the last class. I was a little more coughy for this class, but felt like I wasn't losing my breath as quite much.

Today we worked sweeps from bottom half guard, both when your opponent is facing away from you and when they backstep to the other side. I've seen all but one of the techniques before, so it was a good second class back. I also got to work with Sarah, which was really nice. I struggled a bit with the no gi version of taking the back, I think b/c I was leaving too much space between us during the transition. 

Rolled with Sarah, Kayla, Jason (b) and then Sarah again after class. Same feeling of rust as Wednesday night, but a little bit less. Sarah and I transitioned quite a bit in and out of guard. I don't remember much more about the roll. 

I worked from guard with Kayla until I starting working an omoplata. I didn't try especially hard to finish it, she escaped and got to side control. Top pressure was not especially pleasing on my lungs, and I could feel the wheezing. I tried some half-hearted escapes, but she finished with a americana. 

Jason (b) came over for a roll and I thought that it might be curtains for me since he's 200+lb. However, he was really considerate and didn't apply heavy top pressure and didn't take a KOB opportunity when he had it. I thanked him later. He let me work from guard when he wasn't in top position. I got a sortof legitimate pass at one point. 

We were at odd numbers so I happily sat out the last round. 

After class Sarah and I rolled again. Don't remember much about that roll either, other than it was great to roll with her again.

No comments: