Saturday, June 1, 2013

Positional Drilling

6/1 - Downtown

Finally back on the mats. Two and half weeks seems like an eternity.

We didn't do a technique portion, just positional drills of whatever you happened to know of sweeps, passes and submissions from guard. I was rusty and slow as I expected. Sucked wind a bit, but was able to get through it.

King of the hill drills with three guys down. Submission or mount gets to stay, loser back on the wall. I rolled with Antone, Russ and Nando. Antone got me with a wrist lock when he was in the middle of transitioning from one top position to another and he put his body weight on my wrist. I squawked out a tap b/c I was in imminent danger of getting hurt. I had just started with a white belt (don't know his name) when I felt like I couldn't get my breath. Couldn't tell if it was due to residual sickness or not having rolled for close to three weeks. It wasn't a crisis, but it was enough to have me beg off the remainder of the roll. I rested for a bit and felt better.

Three hours later and I still feel ok. I'm not 100%, but am going to do as much activity as my body can handle until my body demands a nap.

1 comment:

SavageKitsune said...

I don't know what the temp is like at your gym, but it's been hotter than an oven at GB this week. That'll get ya, especially if you're getting over and illness and/or have been benched for a while.