Thursday, June 20, 2013

Double Dip Thursday

6/20 - Valley (Morning) & Downtown (Evening)

Hadn't planned on two sessions today, but shortly after I got home my coach texted me that there was going to be a woman visiting our gym that wanted to roll. I assumed it was someone new to BJJ, but when I got there I saw that she was a three stripe blue. We had one 6min roll and it was fairly. She was smaller and faster, but I was able to use my length and grips to control and defend effectively.

Valley

We did basic frames from bottom side-control and escaping reverse kesa gatame. A quick roll with Scott and Gary. Was happy with how I did...definitely held my own.

Downtown

Guest instructor went over arm-drags from closed guard. Taking the back, bailing on the arm-drag and transitioning to an arm-bar, bailing and doing a pendulum sweep, and turning the arm-drag into a shoulder lock.

Rolled with Ian, Jenny, Fernando (W), Jay, Clayton and then with Antone after class. A couple of times when I was getting berimbolo'd I would immediately invert with them, and that had varying degrees of success depending on how good the person was at the bolo. At one point I left my arm dangling out when I was in bottom side and got arm-barred for my troubles. I tried like hell to keep Clayton from getting side-control but to no avail. Had a fun roll with Antone. Really tried to move with his momentum and not be where he thought I was going to be.

Feeling pretty good after the unexpected two-a-day. Going to sleep like a baby tonight.

No comments: