Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mount Escapes

6/25 - Valley

My energy level is on a yo-yo. One day I'm fine, on the next it feels like a superhuman effort to perform an upa escape. Yesterday was a lot of upa, and I was low on mojo. Sad for me.

We drilled two mount escapes and a transition from mount to KOB to collar choke. One of the escapes involved moving into a foot lock (or heel hook). I am so godawful at leg locks. They feel awkward every time. I assume it's just a matter of practice, as they very rarely come up at either school.

Had (what felt like) a longish roll with DT. Got foot locked a couple of times, but felt happy with my open guard and frames to prevent side control. Not quite as long of a roll with Scott. He worked me over pretty good, and again I was crushed in bottom side. Felt a little discouraged, but I know it's just a low ebb. My energy level was completely in the toilet after class, I felt like I was damn near going to fall asleep driving back to work.

I've come up with a new method for organizing my notes from class, so I'm not going to post technique details on my blog anymore. Hopefully that will encourage me to write more about class as an experience on here, which will be interesting. Maybe. :)

No comments: