Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Omoplata

6/5 - Downtown

Omoplatas and spider guard work today. I tried to take notes on the spider guard techniques after class but my mind was mush and I was confusing everything together. Was short on time so couldn't stick around and query James about it.

.... And it turns out I don't remember any worthwhile details from today's instruction. I took some sparse notes after class but not enough. The spider guard techniques were really interesting and I wish I could remember enough detail to record it. We were working on the premise that you have one foot on the bicep extended out and one foot on the hip. Worked several sweeps from there.

Had three 6min rolls and felt ok. Tired mid-way through the 3rd roll, but it seems like the cardio is slowly getting better. Was happy with how I moved and reacted in the rolls. I think I'm getting a tiny bit better at building frames when opponents are passing my guard. I'd be very happy to make improvements in that area.


No comments: