Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Upward Swing

I've got to be heading for one b/c the down has been pretty....down.  I played like crap in my doubles tennis match last night.  We were competitive and playing fairly well in the 1st set, but we lost 4-6.  We shouldn't have.  I was going for too much and trying to hit difficult winners a lot.  In the 2nd set, we were up 5-4 and I was serving.  I don't think I had lost my serve the entire match.  I double fault on the first three points!  TERRIBLE.  I can't remember ever double faulting that much before.  My serve has been a little hinky since May, but I think that was just a mental plunge.  I think we either got to 40-30 or deuce but lost the game and ended up losing the 2nd set 5-7. 

I was pretty down on myself, b/c we should have at least won the second set and taken it to a 3rd set tiebreak.  The set was in my hands and I totally blew it.  I'm chalking it up to just being one of those days.  Had an emotionally rough day at work so that probably contributed too.

The next day I'm already feeling better mentally and really ready to get back on the workout train.  Will do some stretching today for lunch and then some sort of met-con.  Lifting to start again soon, probably tomorrow.  Lifting heavy things usually makes me feel better. 

No comments: