Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Technique Review

6/14
BJJ 1.5hrs

Everyone was feeling a bit banged up and fatigued so we took it easy and went over techniques for the test that were giving us problems. It was a pretty mellow class and I was thankful for it.  I'm feeling decent about the test but of course I wish I had more hours in the day to focus on the techniques.

Bought a foam roller yesterday and started rolling my calves and thighs per my trainer's recommendation. I had NO idea how many ugly knots I had in my calf muscles.  Good grief.  That was a real eye-opener.  I'm hoping this loosening and stretching will help my sad feet.

Got about 5.5hrs of uninterrupted sleep...didn't wake up once during that time period. Wish I could have slept straight through for 8hrs, but I think that will come.  I think my body is trying to get a little bit sick, but if I sleep enough, drink enough water and give myself the evil eye it might stay away long enough for me to play awesome tennis and pass my blue belt test.  :)

No comments: