Friday, June 24, 2011

Light Rolling

Had a very mellow class last night.  Holly and I both had sore backs so we paired up and went through a kimura defense where you end up putting your partner in a kimura.  Pretty awesome.  We also did some double-ankle sweep defense and then putting the arm-bar on someone that is trying to defend.  Mounted arm-bar escape.  Everything felt pretty awkward, mostly b/c I was paranoid about my back.  Not sure what happened, but I did something to tweak it earlier in the day and it was never right during class.  Any sortof bridging was a big no-no.

Officially getting my blue belt this weekend at graduation and damned excited about that.  :) 

Have mixed doubles practice tomorrow morning, immediately followed by BJJ.  A doubles match on Sunday to round out the weekend.  I really, really hope that we do better on Sunday and at least get 7 or 8 games, even if we lose.  Getting crushed and only pulling out a couple of games per match is demoralizing.  Onward!

No comments: