Sunday, April 17, 2011

T - 7 Days & Counting...

4/16
BJJ 1hr
Tournament is next weekend. Looking forward to it, but not really looking forward to the 8hr (each way) drive. Meh. Class was good, went over all the same material as the 4/14 class. Mount transition to back-control, back-mount escape and the trifecta of sit-up sweep, kimura and guillotine from guard. Only three of us, but we got quite a bit of drilling in. Wanted to roll at the end but we did good cop / bad cop instead. Will hopefully get something more akin to a live roll next week.

4/17
Tennis 1.5hrs
Mixed doubles, but ended up being women's doubles. Had a good time, got to partner with G to start off with which was great. Played ok, and about as well as can be expected for someone who is getting on the court MAYBE once a week. So many sports to pursue, so little time! Had some good gets, but had some erratic shots as well.  Apparently had good lobs, even though I thought they were out. Had a couple of great alley shots that made me proud. :)

Looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow morning. Painted the bedroom today, and considered working out this evening but I think tomorrow morning would be better. Looking to do weights MWF, especially since I want to get some type of workout in before I plant my butt in a car for what will probably feel like forever. Can't wait to get back to squats and DLs...I think I might be addicted!

No comments: