Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fris Good and Not So Good

4/19
Afternoon
Frisbee. Was happy with my play. Felt relatively fast and was able to chase down some floaters.

Evening
BJJ.  Another good class. Did some flow drills from transitioning to full-mount to knee-up mount (can't think of a better way to describe it), to back-mount. Worked the trifecta of armbar, triangle and omoplata. Added on a fog-choke like sub when you have someone in the turtle position. I felt ok about the techniques. Not as clean as I would like, but they'll do the job for the level that I'm at.

4/20
Afternoon
Frisbee.  Against my better judgement, b/c I should be resting up for the tournament. However, I felt like I rested up too much for the last one (the tournament where I only had two matches).  I'm almost certain I will have more than two matches, but oh well. Will find a happy medium at some point. Was such nice weather that I couldn't pass it up. I didn't play very well. Had one nice catch (turned my hinky ankle again in the process), but was defending Bleek and he burned me quite a bit, especially in the beginning. Boo. Had one awful throw and some decent runs. Felt pretty tired, but I think I ran quite a bit so overall it was probably ok. Meh.

Evening
Tennis clinic.  This is why I probably shouldn't have played frisbee today.  I think I'm subconsciously trying to cram in as much activity as I can before I'm stuck in a car for 8hrs on Friday on the way to the tourny in Boise.  :P

No comments: