Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Break

5/14

Although probably a very short one.

I went to class last Saturday (5/11) and felt better about myself in the BJJ world than I had all week. I realized after looking at my calendar that I had done 10 classes in 11 days, which is a pretty high volume for me. It was nice to see that I was getting that much time on the mat, but it might have been overkill, at least for where I'm at right now. So I decided to take a short break, especially since there aren't any Tue/Thu classes this week. Will have at least three days off in a row (Sun/Mon/Tue), which will probably be good for me.

I think that the high volume led to unreasonably high expectations for myself. I'd like to think that I have the mentality to be able to train twice a day every day of the week. I'm guessing that's not the case. My body was ok, but I seemed to have reached a saturation point mentally/emotionally. So a brief respite is order.

Really wish I had the $$ to compete at Worlds this year. I keep seeing mentions of it around the web and it's driving me crazy. A little bit of success has clearly gone to my head.

No comments: