Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Visitor

3/20

On our way to the beach, we stopped by the Art of Jiu Jitsu to see about training there. The facility is ridiculous...all white walls, ceiling, and mats. The Mendes brothers were there, doing some admin stuff, but stopped to shake our hands. The drop-in price was too high, but just being inside their academy was very cool.

Lucky for us, next door there was another academy under Cleber BJJ. The instructor was cool, the price was right, and we came back in the evening for a class. Drilled toreando pass, turning the corner and windshield wiper finish, and jumping over their guard. Relatively easy, but it took me awhile to get my head into it. Did a couple of DLR passes as well. Worked with James for the technique and started feeling better about those.

Rolled with James and most of the guys there. All white belts. James let me work a bit, then I had probably four or five rolls after that. I realized that the humidity made quite a difference, and was really happy to get to experience that before my matches. It was pretty warm in there though, and I don't expect the event center to be that warm.

Nando goes tomorrow, looking forward to watching him roll! :)

No comments: