Monday, March 18, 2013

Last Class

3/18 - Downtown

Felt better today. Not a 100%, but good enough to go to class and not worry about making my cold worse. Can almost breathe through my nose, which is good enough for me. Not going to do the evening class tonight though. That would probably be pushing it.

We did our version of "flow" rolls, which landed Matt in the Urgent Care with a broken nose. James took him in, so Antone taught DLR and reverse DLR sweeps.

Rolled with Julio, Saul and Dennis. Felt great during my roll with Dennis as I was trying very hard to keep him in my guard and work sweeps. He got one or two passes, but I was able to stay where I wanted for the most part. Was really happy with that roll. Saul let me work my top game and showed me an escape from kesa gatame. If they have KG on your R side, pull bottom L side of their jacket out, pull behind their L shoulder and feed it from your R hand to your L. Pull it straight down as you bump to your L. He also showed me how to make bottom side very painful by putting your fist on their spine just below their neck. Worked turtle guard with Julio.

Relieved to have been able to go to class before leaving tomorrow. Still don't know if I'm competing Thursday or Friday. Doesn't matter, though I would like to do it sooner rather than later. Weight is awesome, was 6lb under (including gi) this morning.

No comments: