Friday, March 8, 2013

Takedowns

3/8

Started off with "light" flow rolling, which involved me getting taken down via double-leg by Julio. Mmmhmm. We worked pulling guard and a single leg takedown. Great practice for me. If you're going to pull guard, go for it. Don't be timid, don't wait until you have the perfect grips. Grip low, grip high, step with opposite leg, post the other leg and boom.

I told James that I want to work the single leg takedown in preparation for Pans. With my frame I think I could have some success with it.

Flow-rolled with Julio, Antone, Matt, James and Kyle. Rolled with same guys except Antone at the end. I keep doing something wrong when setting up triangles b/c guys are just smashing my leg down as soon as I shoot it up. I must not be controlling something correctly. Or I'm shooting at bad times. Or both.

Looking forward to competing tomorrow!

2 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

Good luck!

I queried some of our girls this morning, and it looks like we have very few competing this weekend- I don't think any are in your bracket, sorry.

At least that means I can wish you luck without any divided loyalties!

Relax On The Mat said...

Thank you! GB represented well, as always. :)