Monday, July 11, 2011

Mixed Doubles 7.0 Tournament

7/10 - 7/11
Tennis - 7.0 Mixed Doubles
Just...wow. Things improved a bit from the first match on Friday. Played twice on Saturday. I won in the morning but got demolished in the evening. Rest of the team did well enough to get us into the semis on Sunday morning. I sat out the semis and the team squeaked two wins to put us in the finals.

Sadly, our finals match was against the team that beat us Saturday evening. Tough, tough team. I had a different partner and was lined up against a different opponent. The result was much, much worse than Saturday. My partner was frustrated with his play. I played one of my best matches of the weekend but we got creamed 1-6, 0-6. Ouch.

Overall I'm ok with how I played. My net play got better as the weekend progressed. I hit maybe one alley shot out of twenty.  :(  I didn't double-fault nearly as bad as I had been in the women's matches the past couple of weeks. My endurance was fine, and I had some pretty good gets. My forehands and backhands were ok. I had a predictably difficult time returning the men's serves. I'm excited that our team made it to the semis and that we were able to play 5 matches as a team (I played 4). No tennis plans for awhile...probably a good idea to take a break for bit.

Looking to start lifting again this week and do a few WODs. Sleep is going to be an issue, but not much I can do about that.

No comments: