Friday, July 8, 2011

At Least I Didn't Double Fault

Took a real rest day yesterday. Probably should have rolled and stretched. Proud of myself for taking the day off.

Had my first 7.0 mixed doubles match today.

So, so frustrating. I seem to remember being mentally tough, especially at the end of matches. However, I've fallen into a vat of meh lately. We got the first set 7-5, then went on a vacation in the second and were down 5-1 until we pulled it together and got at least a couple of games (3-6). Third set tiebreak and we're down 4-1. We keep going for it and get it to 8-8. Awesome, right? We lose the next point 8-9, and then it's my serve. I get the serve in, am given an easy return and then I COMPLETELY FLUB THE BALL. On match point. How embarrassing. I don't even know what I did, but it was a totally lame frame shot that went straight in the air. Pretty distraught over that. I don't mind if I'm beat, but to frame an easy ball on match point is terrible. Ugh. I'm not enjoying tennis of late.

Would really like to get a solid workout in this evening, but with two more matches tomorrow, should probably take it easy. Might do some bodyweight stuff, jump rope, light KB work.

MEH.

No comments: