Saturday, July 16, 2011

7/13
Rest Day.

Really. Didn't do any activity (even though I was going to hit the gym in the evening). So proud.

7/14
Morning
Lift
BS: 45lb x 5 x 2; 65lb x 5; 85lb x 5 x 3
Bench: 45lb x 5; 95lb x 5 x 3
Pullups: 7
Dips: 3

Light workout. Didn't have much time and had a crazy morning. Didn't do much in the way of warm-up sets. Meh. Will hopefully be able to get into a regular routine with enough time to lift properly in two weeks or so.
 
7/14
Afternoon
Frisbee 1hr
Played in the park that is a 10min jog away, so had 20min jogging on top of frisbee. Played ok, had some good catches. Still timid on jumping against people to get a high toss. I'll get over that mental block. Someday.

Evening
BJJ 1.5hrs
Tired. Fortunately, worked with Holly on advanced techniques the entire class. We rolled together twice and (shocker) I was in my guard most of the time. I tried some sweeps, got to side-control and mount a couple of times. Didn't feel exhausted during the rolling, but just no energy during the drills. Had some bad news at work so was probably a bit emotionally drained.
 
7/15
Afternoon
Frisbee 1hr
Had one stellar catch. Turns out that practicing forward rolls in BJJ last night applied well to diving for a frisbee.

Played on the field that gets drenched via sprinklers an hour before we start. I will remember my cleats next time. I will.

Thinking of doing some sort of metcon tonight...might take the kb and wallball over to the school and do something with jumps, pullups, etc. Seems like a sin to be inside a gym on a warm summer evening.

Evening
Decided to tackle a modification of the Filthy Fifty at the playground. Just, wow.
50 box jumps 20"
50 jumping pullups
50 KB swings 20lb
50 walking lunge
50 KTE
50 push press 20lb kb alternating left and right
50 sit ups
50 wall ball 10lb
50 burpees
50 single unders

Time: 38:23

More or less happy with this. I never would have got the KTE on a regular pullup bar. Fortunately, the playground had static, metal rings hanging that kids could make their way across. I used those, similar to how some pullup "bars" have the two parallel stubs sticking out instead of one straight bar. Even with that, the KTEs were miserable. Not as miserable as the burpees, which I had to break into sets of 5. Probably should have subbed 100 or 150 single unders for the DUs but decided to leave it at that. I probably could have pressed a 35lb bar if I had one available. Fairly happy with doing this more or less as prescribed. Very happy with getting it done on a beautiful summer evening!

No comments: