Thursday, January 28, 2016

Overtraining

I think it's likely that I've reached a level of over-training. Or my body has something else going on completely unrelated (hormones). Whatever. 

Right as I got to class last night, the middle finger of my left hand started to go partially numb. It had a biggish bruise on the palm side and was yellowish on both sides. Out of nowhere, it appeared that blood was no longer flowing as it should. I couldn't recall how I could have impacted it to that extent while leaving work and driving to class, but apparently I did. It was really, really odd. James asked me to run warm-ups, so I did that while obsessing over the state of my finger. By the end of warm-ups it had returned to normal. Weird.

He covered the same thing in evening class as morning class, which was defending the double-under pass. Great stuff, something we haven't gone over in quite a while. Good details, a number of which I had forgotten.

Rolls consisted of KOTH, except that James said that Kasey could stay down the entire time with Nader and Rachael and I could stay down the entire time together. Huh? Kasey made sense b/c he's testing for brown on Saturday, but having Rachael and I stay down didn't make any sense. 

In any case, Rachael took the opportunity to whup my ass for a good half hour. She was completely dominant in every position. I couldn't sweep, couldn't pass, took forever to escape bad positions and only narrowly avoided submissions. She had top control the vast majority of time and was usually in a sub attacking position. My hand that had the issue of being able to do pushing motions was bothering me some, but likely only contributed a small part to that beating. 

Unfortunately, Walter is coming into town today, so I'm not going to get much of a break. Class tonight, seminar tomorrow night and group private Sunday. I'll probably be involved in shark tanking the newly promoted blues and purples on Saturday night. Hopefully the load will be light enough on Sat and Sun that my body can rest up a bit.

No comments: