Wednesday, February 6, 2013

De La Riva Sweeps

2/6 - Downtown

I think this was my first time working with DLR. That is both awesome and embarrassing.

Was a little apprehensive about class, hoping that my funk from the previous couple of weeks was fully gone but wouldn't know for sure until we started rolling.

Set-up: You have spider guard on an opponent who has their R knee up.

1. Slide your L leg behind their R knee and all the way through til your foot is across their L hip. Push their L knee back with your R leg to help get you up.

Crap. I have no idea what happens after this. We worked on several variations and they're all jumbled in my head. I knew I should have taken notes after class.

Rolls

First roll with Blaine, who eventually got me with some sort of choke. I tried hard to stay out of side-control, but to no real avail. Then Joe, a pretty new white belt that I got with a triangle and omoplata. I really, really ought to work sweeps instead of subs on new white belts, but I can't help myself. Then Keith, who I felt pretty evenly matched with. Kept trying to take his back and/or arm-bar or omoplata. Final roll was with Antone, who got me several times, once with a wrist lock. RRRrrrrr. I thought I came close to getting his back at one point but couldn't finish it off.

Overall, very happy with first class back. Colt got another stripe on his belt and will be testing for blue at the end of this month, which is very well deserved with his solid performance at the tournament.

No comments: