Monday, February 11, 2013

Catch Up

Not doing a good job of keeping up with this. Yesterday I finally felt like my body was caught up with sleep and food.

2/7
BJJ 1hr - Valley

North/South escapes. No new techniques, but some variations and chaining techniques together.

2/8 
BJJ 1.5hrs - Downtown

Scissor sweep, reverse scissor sweep, triangle from scissor set-up.

2/9
BJJ 1.5hrs - Downtown

Improving top turtle position. Nothing new from what we've worked on before, but there's so much detail needed (not to mention timing) to make them successful. We did two minute drills to escape/improve turtle. Nando recovered guard almost every single time, very quickly. It took me a bit, but when it was my turn to start from bottom I was eventually getting to at least half guard fairly well.

Had a good roll with Nando, lots of transitions. Tried to get Colt into a weird almost inverted triangle which I couldn't finish. Should have gone for an omoplata instead. Think I had a roll with James, and a couple of others.

Rolls are going well lately, I'm not getting frustrated like I was a couple of weeks ago. I think I put too much pressure on myself before the comp.

No comments: