Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sometimes When You Lose, You Still Win

5/19
Did BJJ last Thursday. Felt rusty going in, but was happy that I felt well enough to participate but not negatively effect me Sat/Sun for the tennis playoffs.

5/21
Tennis - 3.5 Singles (Playoffs) - 2hrs
I didn't play that bad in the first set, but I couldn't string two points together and lost 0-6.  Second set I was down 3-5 but came back to win 7-5.  Felt like I could hit any shot that I wanted.  So awesome.  Lost the 3rd set tiebreak.  Went down early and couldn't recover.  Was pretty happy with my performance though. Ran for every ball, had some great gets, continued to hit through the ball.  Had a hard time getting my 1st serve in.

5/22
Tennis - 3.5 Singles (Playoffs) - 1.5hrs
Played my butt off again but lost (again).  Should have won the first set but blew a 5-4 40-0 lead.  Meh.  Had some more amazing points, wish they were recorded.

5/23
Morning
Lift
5 min Row (rower display wasn't working right)
Worked up to the following:
Squat: 80lb x 5 x 3
Power Clean: 65lb x 5
Bench: 105: 105lb x 5 x 3
Dips: 3

I'm not sure if my form was ok, but squat felt pretty easy.  80lb felt pretty hard the week before.  Had to clean before benching b/c none of the benches were available after my squat.  I'm sure my clean form is pretty bad, but it's still fun and I'm not hurting myself.  I thought the bench would be the easiest of the three, and I had initially planned on doing 110lb.  However, I (smartly) settled on 105lb, as those felt pretty hard. Dips were terrible. Ugh.

Afternoon
Frisbee
Hadn't played in a week (maybe 2?) but did pretty well.  Especially considering I had played quite a bit of tennis where I was running all over the place the two days prior.  Felt like I had some sprint!

No comments: