Thursday, May 26, 2011

More Exercise, More Better

5/24
Afternoon
Frisbee 1hr

Evening
BJJ
More techniques for the test. Went over at least one that I hadn't seen before. Was just three of us, so lots of drilling. Had plenty of energy though.

5/25
Morning
Lift
W/U Row 1500m 7:56

Worked up to the following sets:

BS: 80lb x 5 x 3
Press: 40lb x 5 x 3
DL: 85lb x 5
Pullups: 6; 5; 4

Squats felt better. Press felt relatively easy. Deads felt great until the work set, not sure that my form was quite right. Pullups were a bit of a disappointment, but since I haven't done any in close to two weeks, I shouldn't be surprised.

There's no chance I can pursue the SS or any other LP program with all of the other activity. However, I should be able to increase weight on the press and maybe the bench. I could do more on the squat, but I'm concerned about my form. I think I could get more on the dead and clean, but again with the form.

Still have a week to hit my May goals! I won't hit the strength goals since I had to bail on SS, but I ought to be able to get the metcons. Just need time and no rain would be nice.

Afternoon
Frisbee 1hr
Third day in a row of frisbee and felt pretty good. Didn't feel blazing fast, but fast enough and didn't get overly winded.  Did knee slide for a catch and scraped my knee up pretty well. Taking a shower afterwords was rather unpleasant. Doing BJJ 24hrs later may not feel all that great either.

No comments: