Sunday, May 8, 2011

Finish Strong

5/7
Finished the tennis season strong yesterday with a 3.5 Singles win.  Two hour match, and there were some points in there were I had to work very, very hard to win (or sadly) lose the point. Tough, tough match. Played Laura, who I had played previously in a tournament at our club sometime in the past year. She beat me then in a 3 set match. We went another 3 sets yesterday, but I came out ahead this time.  My serve was pretty erratic.  I need to spend a night or two just serving.  Some nice serves, but then double-faulted at crucial times. Meh. I had pretty good court coverage, and was really glad that I took 5/6 off as a rest day, as I needed every bit of energy for some of those points.  My gas tank felt good though...felt like I could have played a full 3rd set.  Pretty happy with my cardio.  Very happy that I was able to pull out the 3rd set tiebreak. Was down 0-5 in the 2nd set and still felt really wanted to win the set.  Got a couple of games before dropping it.  Was good to get some momentum heading into the tiebreak.

5/8
Tennis - Mixed Doubles
Played with the one-armed bandit, and he did pretty well for having one arm in a sling. Way to go TJ.  :)

No comments: