Friday, May 6, 2011

5/4

Morning
Lift

W/U 1500m row 7:33

Squat 45lb x 5 x 2; 55lb x 5; 65lb x 3; 70lb x 2; 75lb x 5 x 3
Bench 45lb x 5 x 2; 55lb x 5; 70lb x 5 x 3
Power Clean 45lb x ? (just worked on form and getting a feel for it)
Dips 3; 1; 2; 3; 3; 3

Squats are starting to require effort at this weight. Bench is not. Power cleans seem like a lot of fun but I'm probably not doing them right. Dips were terrible today. I can usually knock off 5 for the first set but ugh. I decided to do a couple of extra sets at the end just to get some volume and was able to do 3 consistently. I don't think I was tightening up enough before the descents.

Overall, decent session.

Evening
Tennis 1.5hrs

Hit singles to warm up for match on Saturday. Started off just pasting the ball and spraying it all over the court. Realized that my footwork wasn't right and I was cramming into the ball and as a result my stroke was getting screwed up. V seemed to hit quite a bit of topspin with pace, which also threw me off. I got better after the first 30-45mins. Hope I do well on Saturday! #1 singles, w00t!

5/5
BJJ 1.5hrs

Holy cow. I got submitted from my guard. For those of you that don't know what that means, let me just tell you that it is bad. Should *not* happen. If someone gets an arm that close to your face, you should be making them pay. But I didn't. Props to Damian for getting it, it was totally legit. I didn't feel 100% going into class last night, but still.

Started off with more of the 88 techniques. Learned detailed corrections to some of the movements. Good stuff, we are really getting into the nitty gritty. I'm exciting that we are drilling these fundamental techniques over and over. We practiced most of them at least once w/o a partner, and while some work better than others w/o a partner, it's definitely doable at home to really commit the movements to memory.

Rolls after technique. Bah. Had a good roll with Leslie, she did well. Then the roll with Damian, that I already whined about above. :)  I'm glad it happened though...it really hammers home something I need to work on.

No comments: