Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend

Just....ugh. 

I had a whole plan for teaching Fundamentals class, but it went off the rails in a hurry. No particular reason, other than my mouth can't seem to decide if I'm going to discuss technique or theory.

Open mat was pretty good. I took one or two rounds off. Can't remember specifics other than I felt like I was thinking of body mechanics instead of steps in a technique, especially when I was in the midst of a pass or trying to maintain top position.

Sunday advanced class I worked techniques specifically for Worlds. They were so-so and need quite a bit of work. I feel like I'm making some progress though, so that's something. Rolls were tough, I always get my ass kicked pretty good on Sundays. Russ ran right through me. Rachael's back was bugging her, and I barely stopped myself from locking up a body triangle. 

I felt tired before Monday morning class even started. Got through the techniques fine, but rolls were pretty meh. Sat under Sol's side control for most of a round, Dennis demolished me and I couldn't for the life of me finish a submission Jordan even though I had numerous choke attempts.

Class again tonight. It's going to be a rough week, with a double on Wed, private on Thu, class on Fri, double on Sat and teaching a private on Sunday in addition to advanced class. I'm going to have to back off next week.

No comments: