Thursday, September 17, 2015

Wed Night and Thursday Lesson

Last night was a dose of spiderguard. Take the back, sweep to the side if you can get them to step above you and a super complicated knee bar if you can't get the sweep to the side.

Rolling was KOTH, I started down with Rachael. Win by sub, back or mount. About midway through I was very, very close to mount. However, I gave up the control under her arm and she was able to get out of it. 

She had top control for awhile after that and made life pretty miserable. I think I eventually got back to a top position, but it was close to 20min of back and forth. Neither of us was going nuts, but we kept a pretty steady pace. One of us was generally in a pretty defensive position.

Did a lesson with James today. Covered quite a few areas in which I had questions, and picked up some great details that will definitely help if I can keep them in mind and drill them. He showed me an amazing sweep from a backstep that was really pretty amazingly cool. We rolled for a bit at the end and I found a few more problem areas, such as when someone rolls through a kimura. 

No comments: