Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Purples


Monday night back at class. Lots of congratulations, and the entire team seemed to be hyped about our weekend. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiig class.

We did take-downs, but my head wasn't really in it. I was working in a group of 3...everyone was b/c of the class size. I think I provided good advice, but my own tries were pretty poo poo.

KOTH, rolled with Rachel B and let her win after transitioning through a number of positions. Rolled with Jesse awhile later. Knew I couldn't let him get on top...but sure enough, he got on top. Finished with an arm-bar. Back in line, then had Chaz, who I could tell was just kindof toying with me, not really going very hard. Time was called.

We lined up, James starting talking about Worlds and what it meant him. He mentioned that I escaped belt testing again b/c I won my division with at least two fights in a major tournament, so I won't have to test for my brown if/when the time comes. He then called up Jamie and Rachael for them to get their fourth stripes. He handed Rachael the tape b/c he was struggling with getting it undone...and then pulled out two purple belts from inside his gi. They were both overwhelmed and the room went nuts. I think pretty much everyone knew it was going to happen except for them (and me). I was so incredibly happy for them, as they both deserve it. Both of their families were there. 

Wed Morning

I'm back to mornings after finagling my schedule a bit. Went in this morning and was really happy to see that James was covering baseball bat chokes, loop chokes and his dive choke. I've never been formally taught the BB choke, and I picked up a lot of very useful details that I've been missing. Felt decent with the rest of them.

Rolling was with Sol, Jason S., Dennis and Russ. Got pretty well worked over by all of them except Russ, who was doing a weird knee cut pass where he gave me the underhook twice, which I promptly used to take his back. Either he was trying something new or he was just giving it to me.

Wed Night

Energy was good, warm-ups were no problem. Guard passes tonight, mostly starting from butterfly. Did ok on them, not great. Rolled with Rachael, then Rachel B and a bunch of white belts. Rachael got top control and pretty well dominated the match. The rest of the rolls were pretty easy.

My energy level is good, but my spirit is off. I think it's partially due to hormones. I'm going through a phase with my body that isn't super uncomfortable but at times pretty annoying. I'm also emotionally wiped out from last weekend, and feel like I haven't had a full day/night to myself to rest up. I'm also a little skittish about all of the attention. I don't like having a lot of attention on me, even if it's good.



 

No comments: