Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Monday Night

Felt a bit tired for the rest of the day after morning class and was happy that the evening class warm-up wasn't especially draining. My back was ok, but felt like it could be hinky at any point in time. 

Technique was some lasso-ish stuff that I haven't done in a loooooong time and had forgotten about. Great to be reminded of it.

KOTH, win by mount, back or sub. Rolled with Rachael, Missy, Sol someone else and Zack. Got a crappy takedown on Rachael and managed to get to mount after a piece of time. Got mount or back on Missy. Had a long, mainly despairing roll with Sol. I was able to regain guard a couple of times, but he had tight, heavy side-control and was attacking a number of submissions. I eventually succumbed to mount.

Rolled with someone else that I don't remember in which I think I won, then finished with Zack. I was trying an over under pass and kept slipping b/c the mats were slick with sweat. That was frustrating, but I probably should have changed tactics. Time ran out before either of us to get to a winning position.

Rolled with Jenny for a bit after class. She's so much fun to roll with b/c she's tiny and moves extremely well. Her mid-air balance is outrageous. She said that she's going to be testing for purple in November. I'm pretty excited for her b/c she's been a 4-stripe for quite awhile due injury and switching schools. 

Felt better about my rolls than I did in the morning class.

No comments: