Monday, August 31, 2015

Catch-up

Last week trained on Monday, Wed, Fri morning classes only. Saturday Fundies, noon class and Sunday advanced. Covered top side-control in Fundies and am still not liking how I presented it. I don't feel like I brought it into a cohesive whole. The individual techniques were ok.

Saturday open mat was brutal. Non-stop rolling for an hour and half. I think I rested for two non-consecutive rounds. A wide variety of rolling partners, and though I was tired, I felt like I was doing pretty well.

Sunday I worked the deep half defense from earlier in the week. I was struggling with the transition to the crucifix and could not figure it out for the life of me. I asked James later and it was b/c my partners weren't getting the underhook on my leg. I also did some takedowns, and finally started to feel somewhat decent with one of them. I got a lot of advice on a different takedown which was nice, but not the dump of info that I needed.

Rolls were ok. I got absolutely destroyed by Rachael. 

This week it's back to double classes on Mon & Wed unless Rachael comes up with an excuse not to go. The morning class covered the basic omoplata setup from guard and some variations on that depending on how they defend.

KOTH rolling; win by back-control, mount or sub. I almost lost to Dennis in the first 30sec b/c he pulled guard and very nearly immediately swept me into mount. I avoided that by the skin of my teeth. He dominated the roll and eventually won (don't remember how). Kris and Kelly also beat me (don't remember how in either of those). I was able to get mount on a newer white belt, Dess with something and then time ran out while I was rolling with Zack L. 

I feel like my movement overall is getting incrementally better, but my passing needs soooo much work. I don't feel threatening AT ALL.

No comments: