Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Monday Deep Half Defense

I asked James if we could cover how to approach deep half for the person on top, since all I could really think of to do was to underhook their far arm. Wasn't sure what to do with it after that, and it usually ended up in a scramble or me being swept. 

Preventing the deep half, which was something I hadn't even considered. Go figure. What to do if you can underhook the arm on the same side of the trapped leg but they get the other arm under. The answer is...crucifix. Reacting to full deep half (under the far arm and then work your way over to the other side). If they start to sweep you from the outside, try a modified reverse scissor. All of it was really good stuff, most of it I hadn't seen before and will be drilling on Sunday.

Rolled with big Mike, Jason W., Jason S. and can't remember who else. Felt like I had one big guy after another, but more or less held my own. 

No comments: