Thursday, December 17, 2015

Three

Awarded a third stripe last night. Of course there's the ever present doubt of whether my skills match up, but it's pointless to fret over b/c I can't change it. It was especially surprising last night due to feeling like I've been rolling sloppy lately. 

A couple of other people received stripes as well. I did a single leg take down on one that was decent and then a not great double leg on the other. 

The Fundamentals class has been going well. Averaging 18 ppl per class which is just outrageous. 

I still feel like I'm out of rhythm with my training. I've changed my schedule to wake up earlier and go to bed sooner. Overall I'm getting more sleep. I'm back to lifting (this will mark week #3). Moving in the right direction in those areas, making small steps and staying consistent. 

While I don't feel like I roll like an advanced purple belt, I have to say that I'm excited about my knowledge base. I'm able to really focus on small details when someone is instructing. When covering movements, I'm thinking about how they apply to other situations instead of whatever specific instance it's being referenced. I find that I'm able to explain the rationale behind whatever I'm showing people. The knowledge at purple belt is pretty damned fun. I'd like to hang out here awhile.