Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hands, What do I do With Them?

I've decided to pursue single leg x, waiter sweep and leg drag for the next little while. I should do X too, but I think what I've got so far will be plenty. 

Saturday's Fundamental class went well. I was very prepared, and probably talked too long. Smaller class than usual, I think around 6-8. I had several people asking me a lot of questions after my class, so I missed a fair amount of the open roll that immediately follows. I didn't mind too much. 

Advanced class I worked almost exclusively on a waiter sweep to leg drag. The premise is that they are moving into a knee cut pass and you have a RDLR hook of sorts. I noticed is that you HAVE to have posture control via collar. There's no way that I can get them to post, or to get their weight forward enough to transition to the waiter sweep if they're upright. If I can keep their posture low then this works fairly well.

It took a lot of drilling on the leg drag portion, b/c it's so very not intuitive. It's coming along, though there's still a lot of WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HANDS as soon as I get them to the ground.

Had a good rolls during advanced class with Shaun, Jason S. and Sol. 

Monday morning we covered submissions from top side-control. 

Rolled with Niki, Ty, Jason S. and can't remember who else. Most memorable part of rolling is when Jason was going for some sneaky bolo leg drag stuff and I managed to come out the back and get into side-control. He's at a disadvantage b/c he had just been drilling that stuff with me the day before, but it was a fun chess match. 

No comments: