Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Triceptarous

I was foam rolling before class the other day and Sarah noticed that my triceps were bigger than she remembered. Less than two months of lifting and it's paying off...

Since I've decided not to do Masters I've had one class that was a real bummer but the remainder have been good. I've also been rolling with quite a few white belts, so there's that. Jason S and I rolled the other and while he dominated for the most part, I had a very legitimate sweep into side control that wasn't so much a learned technique as taking advantage of his weight and positioning. I was pretty excited about that.

Rolled with Kasey today, who was more or less letting me work (but I have a hard time telling). Got a paper cutter from top side that felt good. However, somewhere along the way my IT band got pissed about something and bothered me for the remainder of my rolls. Sat out the last round with Chris, who gave me some excellent advice for stretching and applying pressure. Hours later it's feeling almost a 100%. Will probably move tonight's workout to tomorrow just to make sure I don't goof anything up.

I'm feeling peaceful about not doing Masters.

No comments: