Thursday, February 4, 2016

To Pans or Not to Pans

At the beginning of the year, I had a pretty good idea of which big tournaments I wanted to attend, namely adult Worlds and possibly Master Worlds.

Last night James announced he's going to Pans, even though he originally thought he wouldn't. Rachael and I are on the fence, mainly b/c it's more expensive now than it would have been in December. I want to go b/c James will be there, but that's a lot of money that I'd rather put to moving. I'm planning on selling/buying this spring, assuming I can find a house that I like and can afford. 

There's the added factor that the new brown makes adult Worlds less desirable. I wouldn't mind going to Pans as a new brown b/c there's a master's division. If I don't do Pans or adult Worlds that would probably be a sound financial decision, but a bummer too.

Anyway, class night was great. We went over the same thing as we did in morning class (take-downs from arm-drag). The leg drag that I was doing so well with in the morning I brain-farted on in the evening. Got it together though after several reps.

Rolled with Rachael (twice), Sol, Clay and can't remember who else. Overall felt ok with my rolls except with Sol. I have GOT to find a way to prevent his grips and letting the match go downhill so quickly. He gets to top side-control at will. Within 30secs of each roll he's in top side. Rachael easily won on points in the first match and we were tied in the second. I did a better job of sweeping her than I have been, but I also gave up a lot of sweeps as well.

No comments: