Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Journey to Pan Ams 2013

I've joined a new BJJ school and after a couple of discussions with the instructor, have decided to throw my hat in the ring for the 2013 Pan Ams. I've been wanting to compete at a large tournament, and if this doesn't fit the bill, I don't know what would.

Currently I'm a one stripe blue, and don't foresee that changing anytime soon. Today I felt like a white belt in class. I'm way outside my comfort zone in this new school as far as technique is concerned. They do a lot of advanced guard work of which I have zero knowledge. My basic survival is ok, but that's all I do, is survive. I feel exactly like I did when I was a white belt years ago. At the end of class today I was sorely tempted to demote myself to white because I felt ridiculously out of my depth. I need to just chill though, and go to class again. And again. And again.

No comments: